.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 25, 2005

 

Happy Thanksgiving

I know some people who think it wrong to ask, "God Bless America." Don't we have enough blessings already? they say.

But I think we sometimes forget what it means to be blessed. We confuse God's goodness with comfort, his blessing with material wealth or convenience or ease of life style or even happiness.

God's blessing doesn't necessarily lead to my immediate happiness. It always leads to what is good for my life, though. All things work to the good of those who believe in God.

As an American, my life is easy. But the comfort of my life isn't what makes it good. Even the joys of family are just a small taste of the blessings which God is building up for us.

This holiday season, I pray God bless America. All blessings come from him. And if I give my life to him, every moment is a blessing.

Comments:
Post a Comment | Add to del.icio.us | << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?