.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Heavenly Light from a Stack of English Papers

I had taught regular and honors English in Texas Public schools for several years. My regular English students were smart kids, but my honors English students were motivated. Most of the honors students really worked hard in my class.

Many of my regular English students worked hard too. But not in my class.

In retrospect, I can't really blame them.

Consider the time I made them write an essay listing the ten most important virtues in their life. As inspiration, we read a drab excerpt from Benjamin Franklin's biography. One student was so inspired, he listed Coca-Cola as the top virtue in his life.

Click here to read the rest of this essay about my higher calling as a teacher in Texas Public Schools.



HillCountryWriter Category: High Calling Thoughts Teaching
Technorati Tags:

Comments:
Post a Comment | Add to del.icio.us | << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?