.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Myths of Publishing

When I started working as an editor just over a year ago, I began to learn about the strange world of publication. In this series, I'll be your inside man on books. In this series, I'll get you the hook-up, the scoop, the hush-hush, the low-down.

1. Myth of the Author

2. Myth of the Audience

3. Myth of Millions or The Long Tail of Literature

4. Myth of Agents

5. Myth of Bookstores


Update: I originally titled this series "Myths Publishers Want You To Believe," but the more I wrote, the more I realized that title was fake. It created a false division between publishers and writers. Of course, they don't want us to believe these myths either!

HillCountryWriter Category: Publishing
Technorati Tags:

Comments:
Post a Comment | Add to del.icio.us | << Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?